By now you would be aware that the Prime Minister has announced the closure of Indoor Sporting Venues, effective from midday today, 23 March 2020.
Rest assured that Supermarkets, Petrol Stations, Convenience Stores, Pharmacies, Freight, Logistics and Home Delivery will remain open but Shimjang Taekwondo and all other group sporting activities must now stop as we play our important role in containing the spread of Coronavirus.
As a responsible organisation that has its entire existence dedicated to the health and wellbeing of its members, it is imperative that we follow instruction immediately and I feel sure that by taking action now it will help minimise any long term closures.
- From today all Shimjang Taekwondo training centres and group activities will cease operation until we are re-assured that it is safe to re-open.
- HQ will advise all hall owners that we are abiding by the Lockdown directions
- All Training Fee deductions will be frozen so as not to financially disadvantage anyone
- Training Fees will not resume until class is back to normal operation
- Your area Facebook page will continue to keep you up to date and you will have complete access to our online learning centre providing you with all the information you need to continue to study and develop your technique and patterns in the safety of your own home environment
While this sudden closure is regrettable I am very happy that our humble organisation can play its small part in eradicating this highly contagious Flu Virus and I am comfortable in the fact that the online systems and study aids that we have in place will provide our members with much needed support and guidance during what we all hope will be a short Lockdown period.
Once all centres are locked down our Head Office will also go into Lockdown until normal duties resume. Thank you for your understanding and patience and I look forward to seeing you all fit and well a little later in the year.
Stay well everyone